School of Computer Science
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
I am currently a third-year Ph.D. student in the School of Computer Science at Georgia Tech. I work with Prof. Ling Liu and Prof. Calton Pu at the Distributed Data Intensive Systems Lab (DiSL). Before coming to Georgia Tech, I obtained my Bachelor's degree with honors in Computer Science and Technology from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), a top-tier university in China.
My research interests include:
- Systems for Machine Learning: ML Framework Design & Optimization; Performance Tuning for ML Workloads
- Machine Learning for Systems: Performance Optimization for Cloud and Distributed Computing Systems
- Big Data Analytics: Graph Mining, Machine Learning (Including Deep Learning)
- Big Data Systems: Graph Processing Systems
- Cloud Computing: Cloud Platforms
- High Accuracy and Efficient Training of Deep Neural Networks
- Deep Learning Training Algorithms
- Automatic Hyper-parameter Tuning
- Deep Learning Framework Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Performance Measurements
- Performance Optimization
- Accelerating Deep Learning with Direct-to-GPU Storage
- Storage Systems, Deep Learning Frameworks
- Integrated the Direct-to-GPU storage system into Caffe to obtain over 2× performance improvement by reducing the overhead of data transmission.
- LRBench: A semi-automatic learning rate tuning tool to improve the deep neural network training efficiency (On-going).
- GTDLBench: A Performance Benchmark of Deep Learning Frameworks: Measure the performance of mainstream machine learning frameworks (On-going).
- Comanche: Accelerating Deep Learning with Direct-to-GPU Storage: Integrated the Direct-to-GPU storage system into Caffe (2018/2019 Summer Intern at IBM).
- CCAligner: A token-based code clone detector (ICSE'18).
- LTS and Game Model Checker for PRISM: A widely applied model checker for analysis of systems (2016 Summer).
Award & Scholarship
- Outstanding Graduate Award (USTC), April 2017
- Excellent Student Scholarship (Top 3%, USTC), 2015-2016
- Leadership Scholarship, 2014-2015
When I'm not working in the lab, you may find me running or playing ping-pong on the court at Georgia Tech.
- Running: I finished the half-marathon in the 2015 Hefei International Marathon Competition.
- Table Tennis: I am a professional table tennis player.
- Literature & music
I love reading novels and listening to music.
You can also find me on other websites.